The Fairfax Community Library is located at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax, Vermont. Our physical and mailing address is 75 Hunt St. All Fairfax residents may sign up for a free library card. Non-residents are welcome to use the library and may get a card for a $15/yr. fee. Or, if your home town library is a member of the Homecard System, and your account is in good standing, we will honor your current home library card here.
Community Action: Need Help with Taxes?
Looking for VT tax forms? You can use our computers and printer, or print at home. Click the folowing links to open pdfs of forms and instructions or to go to the state tax webpage. Also, we have 2 copies of the VT tax booklets here from which you can make copies. (Printing is 10 cents a page and copies are 15 cents.). Federal forms can be found at www.irs.gov
Print forms from the State website:
Income Tax Return (IN-111) 2 pages:
Renter’s rebate (IN-141) 2 pages:
Household Income Schedule (HI-144) 2 pages:
Tax Booklet (cannot fill in online) 52 pages:
Page where you will find all the forms that are now available:
- All forms and instructions are available to download and print
2. Order forms by email
- If you are unable to print the forms yourself, you can make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include full name, mailing address, quantity, and form number(s)
3. Order forms by phone
- If you cannot access the internet, you may call (802) 828-2515 to request the forms you need to complete your taxes
- When leaving a message, be sure to include full name, mailing address, quantity, and form number(s)
Winter advisory: Please call ahead during inclement
weather or if the roads are bad to check if we are open.
Our phone number is (802) 849-2420.
Free family passes to parks and museums across Vermont are available at the library!
Passes may be reserved up to a week in advance by phone or in the library, and must be returned on the same day as they are taken out. These are open year-round:
- Echo Leahy Center: Admits up to 2 adults and 3 youths with a co-pay of $4.00 each (www.echovermont.org)
- Vermont’s History Museum: Free family admission (www.vermonthistory.org)
- Shelburne Museum: Free entry for two adults and accompanying children under 18 (www.shelburnemuseum.org)
With your YELLOW LIBRARY CARD you can:
- Have access to your library account.
- See what you have out & when things are due.
- Renew your materials.
- Put items on hold.
WE ARE PART OF THE HOMECARD SYSTEM!
- You can use your Fairfax card to borrow books at 20 public libraries in Chittenden, Lamoille and Grand Isle Counties!
With a library card issued from your home community, area residents can check-out materials from 20 libraries in Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Lamoille counties. Known as HomeCard, this cooperative system provides users with expanded library hours and a large collection of books, magazines, videos, music, and recorded books available for check-out.Libraries participating in the HomeCard system include:
- Varnum Memorial Library (Cambridge/Jeffersonville)
- Charlotte Public Library
- Burnham Memorial Library (Colchester)
- Essex Free Library (Essex Town) listed under departments
- Carpenter Carse Library (Hinesburg)
- Grand Isle Free Library
- Georgia Public Library
- Huntington Public Library
- Jericho Town Library
- Milton Public Library
- Richmond Free Library
- Pierson Library (Shelburne)
- South Burlington Community Library
- South Hero Community Library
- Deborah Rawson Memorial Library (Underhill/Jericho)
- Westford Public Library
- Dorothy Alling Memorial Library (Williston)
- Winooski Memorial Library
HOW COOL IS THAT?
To get more info and your new card, stop by the library!
WITH GOOGLE MAPS
DATA SOURCE: IMLS
- ALA - Library Operating Expenditures
- Pew Internet - Libraries, patrons & ebooks
- Library Journal - Annual Library Budgets Survey
- UC San Diego - Library Resources
- Census.gov - Public Libraries in the U.S. 2009
- NationalService.gov - Benefits of Volunteering
- American Library Magazine - Advocacy
- School Library Journal
- Northwestern University Libraries information
- Library of Congress - Fascinating Facts
- Stanford University - Library Facts
- ALA Library Fact Sheet
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Data
- Library Advocacy - ILA
- MIT Library Data
- ALA - Funding Technology Access Study
- ALA - State of American Libraries Report - 2012
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- ALA Quotable Facts - American Libraries
Thank you StateStats.org for providing this infographic as well as other free online educational tools.