The Fairfax Community Library is located at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax, Vermont. Our physical and mailing address is 75 Hunt St. All Fairfax residents may sign up for a free library card. Non-residents are welcome to use the library and may get a card for a $15/yr. fee. Or, if your home town library is a member of the Homecard System, and your account is in good standing, we will honor your current home library card here.
School year hours begin on Wed. August 27.
The Library will be closed for Labor Day on Monday, September 1.
The library has replaced some seating and would like to find a new home for 2 chairs.
The pictures show a front and side view for each chair. As you can see, one has a hole in the upholstery. The other is intact.
The for sale price is $15 each or $25 for both. Contact us here or call the library at 849-2420, or stop by.
Free family passes to parks and museums across Vermont are available at the library!
Passes may be reserved up to a week in advance by phone or in the library, and must be returned on the same day as they are taken out. These are open year-round:
Echo Leahy Center: Admits up to 4 people, $4 each. (www.echovermont.org)
Vermont State Parks: Free entry into state park day areas for up to 8 people in one vehicle (10 am to sunset) (www.vtstateparks.com)
Vermont Historic Sites: Free entry for one family or groups of up to 8 people (www.HistoricVermont.org/sites)
Vermont’s History Museum: Free family admission (www.vermonthistory.org)
Shelburne Museum: Free family admission.
Birds of Vermont Museum: Free admission for one immediate family. (http://www.birdsofvermont.org)
Passes may be reserved up to a week in advance by phone or in the library, and must be returned on the same day as they are taken out.
With your YELLOW LIBRARY CARD you can:
- Have access to your library account.
- See what you have out & when things are due.
- Renew your materials.
- Put items on hold.
WE ARE PART OF THE HOMECARD SYSTEM!
- You can use your Fairfax card to borrow books at 20 public libraries in Chittenden, Lamoille and Grand Isle Counties!
With a library card issued from your home community, area residents can check-out materials from 20 libraries in Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Lamoille counties. Known as HomeCard, this cooperative system provides users with expanded library hours and a large collection of books, magazines, videos, music, and recorded books available for check-out.Libraries participating in the HomeCard system include:
- Varnum Memorial Library (Cambridge/Jeffersonville)
- Charlotte Public Library
- Burnham Memorial Library (Colchester)
- Essex Free Library (Essex Town) listed under departments
- Carpenter Carse Library (Hinesburg)
- Grand Isle Free Library
- Georgia Public Library
- Huntington Public Library
- Jericho Town Library
- Milton Public Library
- Richmond Free Library
- Pierson Library (Shelburne)
- South Burlington Community Library
- South Hero Community Library
- Deborah Rawson Memorial Library (Underhill/Jericho)
- Westford Public Library
- Dorothy Alling Memorial Library (Williston)
- Winooski Memorial Library
HOW COOL IS THAT?
To get more info and your new card, stop by the library!
WITH GOOGLE MAPS
DATA SOURCE: IMLS
- ALA - Library Operating Expenditures
- Pew Internet - Libraries, patrons & ebooks
- Library Journal - Annual Library Budgets Survey
- UC San Diego - Library Resources
- Census.gov - Public Libraries in the U.S. 2009
- NationalService.gov - Benefits of Volunteering
- American Library Magazine - Advocacy
- School Library Journal
- Northwestern University Libraries information
- Library of Congress - Fascinating Facts
- Stanford University - Library Facts
- ALA Library Fact Sheet
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Data
- Library Advocacy - ILA
- MIT Library Data
- ALA - Funding Technology Access Study
- ALA - State of American Libraries Report - 2012
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- ALA Quotable Facts - American Libraries
Thank you StateStats.org for providing this infographic as well as other free online educational tools.