The Fairfax Community Library is located at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax, Vermont. Our physical and mailing address is 75 Hunt St. All Fairfax residents may sign up for a free library card. Non-residents are welcome to use the library and may get a card for a $15/yr. fee. Or, if your home town library is a member of the Homecard System, and your account is in good standing, we will honor your current home library card here.
The Library will be closed on Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day. Have a good weekend.
Our Listen Up Vermont users need to be aware of the following update:
OverDrive Media Console v2.6.5 is coming to iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) and Android on May 28th.
This release is all about bug-fixes to improve the end user experience. Here is what’s coming out in v2.6.5:
Enhancements made to improve the speed of the in-app browser (iOS)
Fixed a bug that causes the app to crash when working from a proxy server (iOS)
Improved bad SSL certificate error messaging (iOS)
Fixed a bug that prevents page turns beyond page 161 on some devices (Android)
Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements on both iOS and Android
Due to a change in Apple’s privacy policies, we’ve had to make changes to the way we handle licensing of EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks. As a result, the OMC for iOS v2.6.5 update will de-authorize every users’ Adobe ID. Upon opening OMC for the first time after the update, users will be prompted to re-authorize.
Audiobook users that have only partially downloaded an audiobook prior to the update will need to return to the library bookshelf to download any missing parts. If users try downloading missing parts directly without first reactivating the download from their library website bookshelf, they will receive a ‘downloadManagerErrorDomain:403’ error.
Coming soon: Passes for free or reduced admission to many nearby attractions! You can check out the library's passes for a day; reservations accepted up to aweek in advance! Passes include VT State Parks and VT State Historica Sites, and numerous museums. Stay tuned!
With your NEW LIBRARY CARD you can:
- Have access to your library account.
- See what you have out & when things are due.
- Renew your materials.
- Put items on hold.
WE JOINED THE HOMECARD SYSTEM!
- You can now use your Fairfax card to borrow books at 18 public libraries in Chittenden, Lamoille and Grand Isle Counties!
With a library card issued from your home community, area residents can check-out materials from 18 libraries in Chittenden, Grand Isle, and Lamoille counties. Known as HomeCard, this cooperative system provides users with expanded library hours and a large collection of books, magazines, videos, music, and recorded books available for check-out.Libraries participating in the HomeCard system include:
- Varnum Memorial Library (Cambridge/Jeffersonville)
- Charlotte Public Library
- Burnham Memorial Library (Colchester)
- Essex Free Library (Essex Town) listed under departments
- Carpenter Carse Library (Hinesburg)
- Grand Isle Free Library
- Georgia Public Library
- Huntington Public Library
- Jericho Town Library
- Milton Public Library
- Richmond Free Library
- Pierson Library (Shelburne)
- South Burlington Community Library
- South Hero Community Library
- Deborah Rawson Memorial Library (Underhill/Jericho)
- Westford Public Library
- Dorothy Alling Memorial Library (Williston)
- Winooski Memorial Library
HOW COOL IS THAT?
To get more info and your new card, stop by the library!
Library Hours (during the school year):
M W 8 – 5:30
T TH 8 – 8
F 8 – 3:15
SAT 9 - 1
During school vacations we open at 9:00 a.m., and during the summer our hours change.
To search our catalog, click the link in the right hand bar.
For a selection of our new books for adults, go to the Adult Services page.
You can receive notifications about programs right in your inbox! Please call or email the libray and give us your email address. See Contact page for our phone number and email address. Or, check our Facebook page and the Vermont Grandpa site for frequent updates and library news.
WITH GOOGLE MAPS
DATA SOURCE: IMLS
- ALA - Library Operating Expenditures
- Pew Internet - Libraries, patrons & ebooks
- Library Journal - Annual Library Budgets Survey
- UC San Diego - Library Resources
- Census.gov - Public Libraries in the U.S. 2009
- NationalService.gov - Benefits of Volunteering
- American Library Magazine - Advocacy
- School Library Journal
- Northwestern University Libraries information
- Library of Congress - Fascinating Facts
- Stanford University - Library Facts
- ALA Library Fact Sheet
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - Data
- Library Advocacy - ILA
- MIT Library Data
- ALA - Funding Technology Access Study
- ALA - State of American Libraries Report - 2012
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- ALA Quotable Facts - American Libraries
Thank you StateStats.org for providing this infographic as well as other free online educational tools.